I love this salad. It’s so easy and versatile. Serve it with grilled chicken or salmon or just by itself!
75-100g quality goat’s cheese
2 teaspoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
1/4c chopped walnuts
2 teaspoons honey
generous splash of sherry vinegar (balsamic works too)
pinch sea salt flakes
- Place beetroot in a large saucepan full of water. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until beetroot is tender. The length of time will vary depending on the size of your beetroot and can range from 20-30 minutes.
- Take the beetroot out and set aside to cool.
- While the beetroot is cooling, heat the olive oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the walnuts and heat through. Be careful not to burn them.
- Drizzle the honey over the walnuts and stir to coat. Add the vinegar and salt. Stir to coat evenly and then remove from the heat.
- Peel the beetroot and cut into 1cm cubes. Put into a serving bowl. Crumble the goat’s cheese over the top and add the walnuts.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the top to finish it off and serve.